What are Autoimmune Diseases?
Autoimmune diseases are a group of disorders that occur when the immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys healthy body tissues. There are over 80 different autoimmune diseases, and they can affect virtually any part of the body. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the most common and uncommon symptoms of autoimmune diseases and discuss innovative treatments for reversing and healing them.
Common symptoms of Autoimmune Diseases include:
- Fatigue: This is one of the most common symptoms of autoimmune diseases. People with autoimmune diseases often feel exhausted, even after getting a full night's sleep.
- Joint Pain and Stiffness: Autoimmune diseases can cause joint pain and stiffness. This is because the immune system attacks the tissues in and around the joints.
- Digestive Problems: Many autoimmune diseases can cause digestive problems, including bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea.
- Skin Rashes: Autoimmune diseases can cause a variety of skin rashes, including psoriasis, eczema, and lupus rash.
- Hair Loss: Some autoimmune diseases can cause hair loss, such as alopecia areata.
- Gastrointestinal Issues: diarrhea, constipation, and abdominal pain, are common symptoms of autoimmune diseases.
More unusual symptoms caused by Autoimmune Diseases:
- Cognitive Dysfunction: Some autoimmune diseases can cause cognitive dysfunction, including brain fog and difficulty concentrating.
- Vision Problems: Autoimmune diseases can affect the eyes, causing vision problems like blurred vision, double vision, and dry eyes.
- Breathing Problems: Certain autoimmune diseases can cause breathing problems, such as shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing.
- Kidney Problems: Some autoimmune diseases can damage the kidneys, causing symptoms like blood in the urine, swelling in the legs and ankles, and high blood pressure.
Manage and reverse these conditions.
We offer a variety of innovative treatments to help manage and reverse these conditions, including medical grade IV treatments, peptide therapy, hyperbaric oxygen treatment, nutritional support, stress reduction, detoxification, and more. If you're struggling with an autoimmune disease, consider seeking out a functional medicine practitioner to help you develop a personalized treatment plan.
Some of the Innovative Treatments we offer for autoimmune diseases are:
- Dietary Changes: Functional medicine practitioners often recommend dietary changes to help manage autoimmune diseases. These changes may include avoiding gluten, dairy, and other common allergens.
- Nutritional Supplements: Supplements such as vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and probiotics can help support the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Stress Reduction: Stress can worsen autoimmune symptoms. Functional medicine practitioners may recommend stress-reducing practices such as meditation, yoga, or mindfulness.
- Detoxification: Environmental toxins can trigger autoimmune symptoms. Detoxification methods such as infrared sauna therapy or Iv therapy protocols can help eliminate these toxins from the body.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT): HBOT therapy can help autoimmune diseases by increasing oxygen delivery to damaged tissues, reducing oxidative stress and inflammation, and supporting the immune system.