Composed of glutamic acid, cysteine and glycine, this tripeptide helps to detoxify the body and neutralize free radicals while supporting the immune system. It is known for its role in providing antioxidant protection for the body’s tissues, including the arteries, brain, heart, liver, lungs, and skin. Glutathione levels decrease as the body ages.
All cells in the human body are capable of synthesizing glutathione. But the highest concentration of glutathione is found in the liver, making it critically important in the detoxification and elimination of free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds created in the body during normal metabolic functions; they can also enter the body through the environment. Accumulation of these compounds can result in oxidative stress, which occurs when the generation of free radicals in the body exceeds the body’s ability to neutralize and eliminate them.
4. CDG EstroDIM - This is our driving force of helping Phase 2 in the liver. Calcium D-Glucarate is a supplement of D-glucaric acid bound to calcium. Calcium D-glucarate supports the body's natural defenses against environmental toxins and excess steroid hormones by way of glucuronidation.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule once or twice daily, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
5. Silymarin Forte - Silymarin, the main bioflavonoid complex found in milk thistle seeds, has been used to support gallbladder and liver function and to promote healthy detoxification function.
• Supports Healthy Liver, Spleen and Kidney Function
• Supports Detoxification Pathways
• Provides Liver Cell Antioxidant Protection
• Supports Healthy Nerve Cell Function and Brain Health
Silymarin is a flavonoid compound derived from milk thistle that supports liver function and detoxification pathways. It is also used to support the gallbladder, kidneys, and spleen. Silymarin prevents the depletion of the intracellular antioxidant, glutathione, within liver cells, thereby supporting detoxification and protecting cells from free radical activity.
Due to its variety of functions, the Silymarin Forte formula makes a potent addition to any liver support and detoxification program. Silymarin has a well-established safety profile and a long history of use. The Silymarin Forte formula includes 200 mg milk thistle per capsule, standardized to 80% silymarin.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule three times per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
6. Alpha Lipoic Acid - Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is our precursor to glutathione (GSH). ALA is also known as thioctic acid, is one of the most versatile antioxidants available. Alpha-Lipoic Acid supports liver detoxification, has antioxidant effects supportive of nerve health, and helps support mental sharpness. It is an antioxidant in both water-soluble and fat-soluble tissues.
Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) has historically been used to help support the liver. ALA is also a nutrient cofactor involved in mitochondrial function, thus supporting energy production in the cells.
In addition to being an important antioxidant in both fat-soluble and water-soluble tissues, alpha-lipoic acid also helps recycle other antioxidants, including glutathione, another essential antioxidant for liver detoxification.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional.
The list of substances we encounter in daily life is long: metals, pesticides, herbicides, hormone mimics, drug residues, food additives, and metabolites.
UltraBinder Low Sulfur can latch onto them all, offering an optimized combination of zeolite, bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and chitosan.
Because binders can be constipating, soothing and fluidizing acacia gum and aloe vera are added. They can support the health of the intestinal lining, normal gut motility and the growth of friendly flora.